Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Seating Anyone?

It's no secret that I love thrift store shopping. I love the hunt and the thrill of the find. I love looking at something on a shelf and picturing it transformed into something (hopefully) amazing. 

 When I was expecting Gavin, I frequented the thrift store a lot to see if there was anything that we could use in his room. 


This little yellow cabinet, which got a nice coat of a blueish/gray colour, is perfect for books, baskets, and also holds a CD player for his "sleepy" music (not shown). Cost? $14. 

  One shopping trip, before Gavin was born, I found this little stool, which I thought would be great for the baby's room. I could picture a little child sitting on it and reading books. So I bought it for $4. 



 It didn't look like this when I bought it. It was a deep forest green, so I decided to paint it and put the little owl on the seat (which is the theme of Gavin's room). 

 Fast forward a couple months later and I'm not in love with it anymore. To be honest, I never really liked it, but I had more important things to worry about at that time, like taking care of a newborn baby. 

 So I decided to give it a little makeover. 





I gave it a coat of a blue that I mixed from black, blue and silver paint. After the paint dried, I cut out a piece of scrapbooking paper and glued it to the top. 



I then used my Cricut and cut out Gavin's name and glued them onto the top of the stool. I cut out a little beaver from another scrapbooking page and glued that on top as well. 

I gave the whole stool a light coat of Mod Podge to seal everything and let it dry overnight. 

  
I love it. Not bad for $4. A perfect little seat for Gavin...When he's old enough to actually sit on it. Right now he kind of topples over. But someday he will love it! :)

  Have you ever bought something from a thrift store, transformed it...and then transformed it again?

4 comments:

  1. super cute - you are one crafty mama!!! I hope you'll stop by my blog sometime - it looks like our baby boys are close in age (mine's 6 1/2 months) and I've just started up a Sunday linky party where I'm asking readers to post their 'pins to projects' - any completed project that you pinned - seems like you have a lot!!! :) I'm enjoying the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! I'm happy how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...