Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 2 Wedding Week: Simple Decorations


As we look forward to this coming Saturday, which is our younger sister's wedding as previously mentioned here, I can't help but look back and remember the different details, decorations, and flowers that made my wedding day special. 

My husband Jason and I were wed on a quiet beach with our closest friends and family to witness our special day. 
We decided to go for a very simple, rustic themed wedding, with a bunch of DIY projects tossed in there. We were blessed with a beautiful sunny day, and said our "I do's" with the sound of waves crashing in the background. 

The reception was held in an old barn, which presented a challenge when it came to decorating. I had a vision of white lights hanging from the ceiling, large white lanterns, and lots of flowers for the table centre pieces. Since I was going for a very simple look, it wasn't too difficult for it all to come together.
Even though I couldn't tell you all the names of the flowers that were used for the centre pieces, I can tell you how easy it was to arrange them together! Basically we had around 8 different types of white flowers, and a small variation of clear vases and jars. We grouped the flowers together in small arrangements, and placed them in the vases to create the look we wanted. Simple, but unique. 

Hope you are enjoying our wedding week countdown here! Make sure you check out our blog the rest of the week to see what other wedding ideas you can get from us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...