Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Easy Peanut Butter Cups

I want to thank whoever decided that peanut butter and chocolate should be together. 

I love the famous peanut butter cups so much, that we named our dog, Reese. 
Yum. (Reese's peanut butter cups...not the dog...although she is cute.) 

Since I love them so much, I decided to make a batch and I was not disppointed. 

Here is how you can make your own. 
Easy Peanut Butter Cups
revised from a recipe found here

  • 1/4 cup of butter
  • 3/4 cup of peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 1 cup of semisweet or milk chocolate chips (I would go for the milk chocolate chip route since they taste better. But that is just my opinion.)
  • 1/4 cup of milk (And yes. That is milk in a bag.)
  • Sea salt  
You will also need a muffin tin with paper liners. 

Melt the peanut butter and butter in the microwave using a microwave safe bowl. 

Add the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. 
Scoop the peanut butter mixture into the lined muffin tin. 
Clear a place in your fridge, and let the peanut butter mixture chill for about 15 minutes. 

While you are waiting for them, you can melt the chocolate chips and milk in the microwave. (I used the same peanut butter bowl. Why make more dishes?)
Drizzle the chocolate over the peanut butter bottoms. I had to make a little bit more chocolate because I was extra generous (this new baby loves sweet things!). 
If you want to sprinkle a little sea salt to give it a fancy feel, you can go and do that before you stick them in the fridge for about 30 minutes. If you have enough strength and can leave them in longer, I would. They stuck a little bit to the paper when I unwrapped one, and the longer they are in the fridge, the easier they are to unwrap. 

If you are not planning on eating these in one sitting, (which I wouldn't recommend) then store them in the fridge.
One more picture to make you get up from your computer and go make these ridiculously easy peanut butter cups!
This is part of a three-week series that we are doing to help you get ready for Christmas...before December!
This week we are focusing on goodies to give as gifts or to take to a party, 
so get ready to bake! 
If you don't want to miss any part of this series, why don't you 'like' us on Facebook?  

3 comments:

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...