Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

White Chocolate Snowflakes

This week in our blog series, we're focusing on cookies. I love cookies but I tend not to make them too often since I can't eat just one. These cookies that I made today are absolutely delicious, you can freeze/refrigerate them and don't take a lot of time to make!

The recipe is via an app that I have on my phone called Food52. It's awesome, and at the time I got it, it was free!



I changed a few things around but the premise is still the same:



1 pound of white chocolate
2 cups of rice krispies cereal
1 cup of any of the following: peanuts, almonds, crushed candy canes, crushed pretzels, really anything!

Melt the white chocolate in a double broiler or in the microwave. I don't have a double broiler so I chopped the chocolate up into pieces and microwaved them at 20 second intervals. I stirred the chocolate and kept a close eye on it so that it didn't burn. Once your chocolate is melted, add the rice krispies and in my case, the almond slivers.

Drop by table spoonfuls onto wax paper cut to the size of a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened. Transfer them to a airtight container in the fridge so the chocolate doesn't melt. Eat some for yourself and pass some on to your neighbours!


Have you started your Christmas cooking yet? After this week, I should have a freezer full of yummy baking and I know my family will definitely appreciate that!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...