Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What I'm Loving Lately {Heidi}


Woowee! It's been a long time since I've blogged. The past week was c-razy busy with lots of things. It feels like once September hit, so did the busyiness. I don't love being super busy, so here's hoping things will settle down soon.

Even though we haven't been blogging, Melody and I have been planning some fallish (can that be a word?) things for you in the next couple of weeks, so stay posted on that. Let's just say, I love fall and I am super excited about all the things we've been coming up with. Woot Woot! Bring on the sweaters, boots, beautiful leaves, pumpkins, hot drinks, You've Got Mail, and everything else good that comes with this beautiful season.

And on that fall obsessed note, we will turn to a few of my favourite things lately that I have pinned on Pinterest.

So cute. Seriously. Little play houses made out of cardboard and all fancied up any way you want? Yes please.  
 
I have been trying to rack my brain for what to for a headboard in our bedroom. I know I made the easy headboard out of canvases and a vintage sheet, but it didn't work out the best for us. I am thinking something like this wood headboard, because number one: it's easy to do and number two: I love the look. I know a lot of people are loving this look because I am seeing it everywhere on Pinterest and Instagram. I don't blame them! 
I love these letters that are covered with vintage book pages. I woud love them hanging on the wall in a cozy reading corner with huge floor pillows. An easy DIY. 
It's no secret that I love the look of old pallets since I used them as backing for our old bookcases. I love this pallet art display. It is neutral so you can add whatever you want to it, as you can what she did with dressing it up for fall. I wonder where I could put something like this in our home? And if I can convince Jesse that taking apart pallets is a good use of his time? 
Since we do not have a large playroom, I think this collapsable cardboard would better for our space then the cute ones that I showed above. Though I really love the ones that I first showed, I think I could make the collapsable one just as cute. Jesse is now on the official cardboard box hunt for something suitable so I can make one for Gavin since he loves to hide in his "cage" (his words, not mine!), which is just underneath his little plastic table. I think he would love a little fort area. 

What are you loving lately? 

1 comment:

  1. I love the cardboard play houses; especially the fold-up house. We could stash it away when the grandkids go home and bring it out when they visit again. I'm going to work on this project!
    Cheers!
    Lori in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...