Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

White and Fresh

In trying to make our home a restful, peaceful space (as 'peaceful' gets with two little boys), I decided to say goodbye to our green-blue walls (I can never remember what the actual paint colour is) and give our living room and dining room a nice fresh coat of white paint. I loved the previous paint colour, but it was feeling a bit too dark for the space.
I chose Benjamin Moore's "Fresh Cream" and I think it is a perfect creamy white. I could not be happier with this fresh space! 
In the dining room, I hung up a vintage world map that I found at a yard sale. Best find ever. And it wasn't $10, but it was less then $80. I know. I am crazy, but it was something that I have been looking for, for a very long time. I kept looking online on Kijiji (similar to Craigslist) and Ebay, but Kijiji had nothing and the ones on Ebay are in the high $200s. I wanted a map, but not that much. So when this map came up, I jumped at it. I love the colour that it brings to the whole room. 
Here's a before and after so you can see the difference a coat of white paint gives to the space: 
It is amazing what a coat of paint can do! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Heidi! I love fresh coats of paint. It can change the room so much! it looked great before too though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...