Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Getting Cozy: Decorating a Fall Mantle

This is day two of our 31 days series: Getting Cozy. We hope that this series will inspire you as we say goodbye to summer and hello to cooler months; to enjoy all that the cool temperatures bring. 

There is something about changing up the fireplace mantle to go with the seasons that I love. It makes the change of season that much more exciting and special. I always 'shop' around the house and see what I can do with what I already have.

The banner I made with scrapbook paper that I had in my stash. So easy to do and cheap! 
 
The big owl I got from my sister last Christmas and the little owl I found at the thrift store last week. I think someone had given away their entire huge collection of owls and the brass owl was hidden in the pile. Gorgeous red Sumac tree branches fit perfectly in the aqua vase.
I cut a piece of barn board in half and stood them up between my mirror turned chalkboard. It ended up a perfect rustic background to the display.
In the cooler evenings, we "light" a fire in the fireplace (aka: hit the power button) light the candle, and enjoy this cozy fall mantle.

{Click here to read the intro and day one of 31 days to getting cozy}

TThis Here we are on the first day of our 31 days series: Getting Cozy. We hope that this series this month will inspire you, as we say goodbye to summer and hello to cooler months; to enjoy all that the cool temperatures bring. - See more at: http://itsourpinterestinglife.blogspot.ca/#sthash.G5gNzL2S.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...