Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Getting Cozy: Pumpkin Cheesecake

Something you may not know about my husband, is that he is serious about his cheesecake. Seriously in love. He also loves pumpkin pie. He could eat pumpkin pie in the middle of the summer. Me? Not so much. I am more for saving the pumpkin pie experience for when it is intended to eat it. At Thanksgiving.

When Jesse told me about growing up having pumpkin cheesecake at Thanksgiving, I thought it was weird. Like...pumpkin pie cheesecake? He decided to show me what I was missing and actually baked a pumpkin cheesecake. Who knew he could bake?
We both agree that this recipe is delicious and we he makes it almost every Thanksgiving at the request of my family. (I unfortunately don't remember where I found this recipe, so if it is your creation, I apologize.)
***************************
Pumpkin Cheesecake 

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.

Crust:
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 1/4 cup ginger snap cookies, crushed into crumbs 
Melt the butter into a small saucepan and stir in the cookie crumbs. Press into an ungreased 9"x9" springform pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.

Filling:
  • 2 - 8oz. packages of cream cheese, softened 
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 - 14oz. can of real pumpkin 
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp. ginger
  • 1/2 tsp. salt 
Beat together the cream cheese and sugar well. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in remaining ingredients. Pour over cooled crust. Bake for 1 hour or until firm.

Chill and garnish with whipping cream (real is the best). If desired, sprinkle a bit of pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg on top of the whipped cream.

Enjoy!

Serves 12

This is day 12 of our Getting Cozy series. 
To catch up on the series, click the button above! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...