Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Getting Cozy: Harvest Vegetable Soup

It seems a little crazy to be writing about soup recipes since it's still 25 degrees outside and I have my air conditioning on.. but I'm gonna do it anyways.

I found this wonderful recipe from President's Choice. It's actually a commercial that runs during my favourite designer show so maybe I was brainwashed into making it? But I have to admit that it is as delicious as the commercial says it is!

I had a few friends over today so I decided to try out the recipe. I figured they could be my guinea pigs!


As always, I changed up the recipe to suit our tastes. You can find the original recipe here.

Harvest Vegetable Soup


Ingredients

  • 7 large carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1  large leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
  • 1  large onion, chopped
  • 1  large ripe pear, cored and quartered
  • 3  sprigs fresh thyme
  • 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp of sea salt
  • ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
  • 1/3 cup PC black label Walnut Pesto, stirred (you can find this at any PC brand grocery store or you can use this recipe to make your own)
  • 1 1/2 L of chicken broth
  • ¼ cup 35% whipping cream
Chop all the vegetables and place in a baking dish. Drizzle the olive oil and sea salt over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes to an 1 hour or until the vegetables are soft. 


Puree half the vegetables in a good blender with half of the chicken broth. Move that over to a large pot. Puree the other half of the vegetables with the rest of the chicken broth and the whipping cream. Move to the pot. Warm on the stove until it comes to a boil. Take it off the heat.

In another bowl, mix together the goat cheese and the walnut pesto.  Place the soup into individual bowls and top with about 2 tbsp of the pesto mixture. Serve with some crusty bread and enjoy!

This recipe makes quite a bit of soup. It will feed about 10 people! Store the leftovers in the fridge. It just gets more delicious as the flavours mix together!



I hope you're enjoying our 31 Day series so far. 
If you don't want to miss a post, follow us via Facebook or our RSS feed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...