Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What I Am Loving Lately in December

There isn't much that I'm not loving lately, to be honest. I love Christmas and everything that comes with it. I love that, in our family, we don't go overboard with presents, so then we can just focus on getting a present for one person and our nieces and nephews. I love that when you turn on the TV, there are Christmas specials galore.

I love the Christmas music playing in the stores (especially now that I don't work in retail). I love that the Gospel is played over the speakers, in places where people normally hate to have any mention of Christ in their presence.

I love getting together with family and friends that I haven't seen in a while and just catching up on life. I love lighting my apples and cinnamon candle and letting the comforting smell seep into our home. 

I love the baking that comes with Christmas (especially when I don't have to bake it!). I love the little Christmas crafts that can be done with Gavin. I love the twinkling lights that are hung up around our home. I love the wonderful smell of our Christmas tree.

So, if you are still reading this gushy list of things that I love during the month of December, here are some links that might help you create your own gushy list of things to love. :)

I made these cookies this past Sunday to take to Bible study and they were delicious...and easy...and did I mention, delicious!
These gold DIY mugs are gorgeous. They would make a perfect gift for your sister, mom, or friend! 
http://garlandofgraceblog.com/gold-wins/#.UqhwBo2jVzg
I am actually starting wrapping some gifts (this year I am not a procrastinator! It feels amazing!) and I love these free, printable chalkboard Christmas tags. 
http://blog.worldlabel.com/2013/free-chalkboard-christmas-gift-labels-tags.html
This one is the DIY Nativity scene that I made last year. When I pulled them out at the beginning of December and set them up for the boys to play with, I found I was still so happy with them! Gavin loves playing and setting them up more this year too. 
http://itsourpinterestinglife.blogspot.ca/2012/11/diy-nativity-set.html
Lastly, is something so simple (and dangerous to my waistline because it's in plain view): hot chocolate mix and marshmallows in jars, ready for an evening curled up on the couch reading a book or watching a Christmas movie.
http://lifemadelovely-blog.com/2012/12/13/megans-holiday-home-made-lovely/

What are you loving lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment below! We'd love to know what you think. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...